Friday, January 13, 2012

The best time to think about going GREEN is when it's WHITE out!

I was just outside shoveling some snow when it occurred to me the oxymoron in colors.  At least in my part of the world the concept of "going green" and it's literal counterpart to snow are backwards.  I am making no sense what so ever, right?  Let me explain.
I live in northern Pennsylvania and our major energy concerns are heating first followed by electric.  Our A/C season is relatively short and for the most part we don't spend a lot of energy on it.  So, as it works out, when we go GREEN we save the most while it's WHITE out.  These cold blustery days are burning up foreign oil faster than I can count. 
So, I wondered how many people sit and look at all that white and say "I sure wish I had gone GREEN this year".  I'll bet very few.  You see, when it is Green out we just don't think about all the money we could save with that new Geothermal Heating System or how that new solar panel would help with all those Christmas lights.
So, next summer when it is all Green out think about going GREEN.  Or this winter when it's all white out think about going White or umm Green or....wait, now I'm confused.  Well, you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment